Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow

Yesterday I played Fantasy on the Doxology for the offertory at Edenton Street UMC. So many people spoke to me afterwards about what a blessing is was that I thought I'd share it here today (click on the highlighted titled).

It was not easy to play this piece in front of so many people just a short time after burying my mother. She loved to hear me play and she loved this arrangement. Somehow in her death and passing on to glory I feel a rebirth in my own life. Perhaps it's the reminder that time is truly short on this earth, and each day is an opportunity to bring glory to God or merely drift through our existence.

For those of you that would enjoy commentary about the arrangement, that is included at the link above. Over the years this song has "settled" with me, and I think I play it with even more passion than when I wrote it early in the 1990's. This recording is from 2000.

Morning Going to Work by Van Gogh

I like to include photos of great art with my posts. For this post, here is a painting by VAN GOGH, "Morning; Going to Work." The simplicity and pastorale aspect remind me of my years growing up in the Indiana farm county, although I never rode a mule to work!

The ability to work is a blessing from God. I think back over my life and the multitude of blessings good employment has been for me. For all those beginning your work week, may the Lord bless your hours with fruitful, loving duty done in faithfulness and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment