Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Life's Small Celebrations


A poem celebrating new kittens for my Colorado nieces and nephews who just welcomed a new batch of kittens into the family. Thanks to my nephew Josh for letting me know!

New Kittens!

New kittens are meowing in the nestbox
As I dream of coming days filled
With kittenly joys
And new laughter in our walls.

Such dear little pittances!

Soft, fluffy, totally dependent on
Love to keep them safe and warm
And full of tasty milk.


Soon little eyes will widen
And tiny paws learn to
Scamper and leap
Straight into my lap and heart.

I will wonder over these dear ones
As I join their reindeer games,
As I sit quietly so not to disturb
The purring love across my floor-lying chest.

Kittens are Your gift,
Sent to teach us many things, Lord.
Thank You for teaching me about
Laughter, quietness, joy,
Family, silliness, mealtime,
Best sleeping postures,
How to use a soft cry or
Sustained purr to get help
Or attention.
 
And most of all Lord,
Thank you for making these
Days Bigger with Your Love
Through little licks,
Silky touching fur,
And joy an eye-mile wide
And gentleness a fluff-touched
Heart deep.

~ for my loved ones out in CO, by Aunt Mary Poppins (Aunt Nancy)

My brother's photo from 2014 of Cheese's first litter of kittens

~ ~ ~ 

MUSIC LINKS

"Fearfully and wonderfully made" - Song with Words - Mendelssohn 

Kitten on the Keys - by Zez Confrey, a ragtime piece


No comments:

Post a Comment